After IPL (intense pulsed light) treatment, it’s important to keep your skin moisturized to help it heal and recover. Keep reading to learn more about the best moisturizer to use after IPL. The top moisturizer for you will depend on your skin type and any specific concerns you may have, but here are a few recommendations to keep in mind:
- Look for a gentle, hydrating moisturizer – After IPL treatment, your skin may be sensitive and prone to dryness, so it’s important to choose a moisturizer that is gentle and hydrating. Look for products that contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and ceramides, which can help to lock in moisture and soothe the skin.
- Avoid products with fragrance or harsh ingredients – After IPL treatment, your skin may be more sensitive to certain ingredients, so it’s best to avoid products with fragrance or harsh ingredients like alcohol or exfoliating acids.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen – After IPL treatment, your skin will be more susceptible to sun damage, so it’s important to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day to protect your skin.
Some specific moisturizers that are often recommended after IPL treatment include:
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream: This fragrance-free moisturizer is formulated with hyaluronic acid and ceramides to help restore the skin’s natural barrier and lock in moisture.
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer: This lightweight, fragrance-free moisturizer is formulated with ceramides and niacinamide to help soothe and hydrate the skin.
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Nourishing Night Cream: This fragrance-free night cream is formulated with feverfew and oatmeal to help soothe and calm the skin, and it’s gentle enough to use after IPL treatment.
It’s always a good idea to consult with your dermatologist or skincare professional for personalized recommendations based on your specific skin type and concerns.
We discuss products we think are useful to people. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. Remember to check with your personal physician to see if a product recommended is right for you.