This cauliflower Indian recipe is great for a quick and easy vegan snack, vegan appetizer, or even vegan meal. Figuring out what a vegan can eat can be challenging so it is nice to have some quick and tasty vegan recipes in your back pocket.
Nutrition In Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a great vegetable because it is high in fiber, which makes it very filling. Fiber is also known to be great for heart health and the health of your colon. Cauliflower is also a very low calorie food, with only 25 calories per serving. One serving of cauliflower is about 1 cup or 100 grams. One head of cauliflower, depending on how big it is, has 4 to 6 servings. This means even you eat an entire cauliflower, it is still only 100 to 150 calories! One serving of cauliflower has 2 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein to help keep you full. It has no fat and has 5 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
Cauliflower also is rich in Vitamin C and B vitamins. It also has antioxidants and phytonutrients which may both be protective against cancer. The lesser known benefits of cauliflower include the amount of choline it has. Your body needs choline to help with memory, mood and muscle control. Some choline is made by your liver, but most of the required daily choline comes from your diet.
Cauliflower Indian Recipe: Cauliflower 65
The recipe is called Cauliflower 65 because it has an array of spices and mixes to give it a rich flavor.
- 1 head of cauliflower – Cut into florets
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 3-4 dried red chilies
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1-2 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste – buy here
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil
- splash of water to make a thick batter consistency
- 1/3 cup of oat milk
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
1. Cut florets. In boiling water, place the florets carefully and cook for 2 minutes. Cover, turn heat off,
and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Once 10 minutes have passed, Add in corn starch, red chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder.
Related: Ozempic For Weight Loss
Add in ginger/garlic paste.
3. Add in a splash of water and marinate florets for 5 minutes.
4. In an air fryer, bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
5. In a sauce pan, add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cumin seeds.
6. Add in curry leaves and dried red chilies. Fry for another two minutes. Optional: add in one more
teaspoon of red chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add in oat milk and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add in cooked cauliflower and adjust salt as needed.
9. Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot.
This vegan recipe idea is not only healthy, but it is also a huge hit with people who are not vegan. Most people don’t even realize that this is a vegan dish because it has so much flavor. It is also a quick and easy vegan appetizer that compliments most Asian or South Asian main course. The nutrition in cauliflower is also abundant and is another great reason to make the above recipe a weekly addition to your meal planning.
We discuss products we think are useful to people. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. Remember to check with your personal physician to see if a product recommended is right for you.